This site isn't a replacement for PF at all; 3dPE proper is a separate project as an engine. The intention is for other people to use the eingine to make their own, non-PF-related fangames.
The game we're making, with a project page here
(and its own wiki
, etc.) is being made by PF staff. Or, uh, will be. But again, it's not a replacement for PF, it's just a place to work on the game.
As for PF itself, my current idea is to turn it into something more like a deviantart for fake pokemon. I've suggested this in the staff room but there's not really been a consensus yet (except if a majority of silence is a consensus).
- No approvals, your work stays your own and there are no "official"/"unofficial" PF pokemon any more
- Collaborative structure for people to work together, or just suggest changes
- Some sort of "like"s system so good pokemon get featured and great ones get showcased
- Generally breaking down a lot of staff/member distinctions; less gatekeepy stuff (most of it will move over to the game forum here...) and more staff pokemon.
- No more sprites - Game Freak has moved on and so will we. Staff won't provide artwork for pokemon, except as part of the collaboration stuff mentioned above, and anyone else will be able to submit artwork for pokemon too.
- No more suggestions on the forums, the forums will be chat and RPing - but no more "official" Bombur RP.
I dunno, it's still in early planning stages. It boils down to all the bombur lore and such moving over to here, and the suggestion process being much more open and democratic.